Before You Buy
Awesome!! You want to a buy a pinball machine. You're new to the hobby right? Yep. They're expensive machines there's no doubt, so understandably it's a big investment decision. Don't worry we're here to help every step of the way.
Pinball Machines are a lot like cars. Let me provide some examples:
- Unlike a regular arcade game, pinball machines have LOTS of moving parts, and I mean LOTS. This means they need service and maintenance. It's so important to keep the machine performing at its best, and it makes it so much more enjoyable to play! Of course we can help you in this regard, we're only a phone call away.
- Some examples of maintenance requirements include cleaning, replacing rubbers, balls and other consumable parts.
- Like cars, your machine will require more maintenance if it gets a lot more use eg. if your machine is located in a public 'arcade' or restaurant, it will get a lot more use and therefore will need more maintenance and upkeep.
- Things can and will break, even on a new machine. Think about it - a heavy metal silver ball getting belted around a playfield at high speed by extremely powerful electromagnet flipper mechanisms! Of course some items are covered under a warranty if you buy your machine from us (if there is faulty workmanship or a defect). Things such as balls, rubbers and broken playfield plastics are considered consumable items and so the cost of these should be considered when purchasing a game.
- Naturally, if you buy a used machine you can expect more maintenance and upkeep to be required.